BILL HARROP'S "ORIGINAL" BALLOON SAFARIS AND LION AND SAFARI PARK TOUR: ( day:± 8 hours)
Hours allocated above include travelling times.
We give service to individuals, small and big groups - contact us to get your rate
Pick up points:
We will pick you up from your hotel, guest house, lodge, in Sandton, Rosebank, Fourways, Chartwell, Randburg and Roodepoort.
Pick up times: Daily as arranged
Minimum: 2 People
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel/ Lodge/ Guest House in Sandton, Rosebank, Fourways, Bryanston, Randburg and Roodepoort
- Hot tea, Coffee, Biscuits and Muffins served on arrival.
- 1 hour drive over Magalisberg river valley.
- South African Champagne served in flight or on landing.
- Champagne breakfast served at the Club House Pavilion and restaurant.
Breakfast is freshly cooked, you have a wide choice and it is well presented.
- Citation of Bravery presented with dew ceremony.
- Entrance fee.
- Multi Visual Presentation on the History of Ethnic groups in South Africa at the beginning of the show.
- A short but, comprehensive audio – visual presentation that introduces you to South Africa’s History and its people.
- Guided tour of 5 Ethnic groups homesteads.
- Traditional dancing. Watch an impressive display of African dance.
- Buffet lunch at Lesedi Cultural village
Nyama Choma restaurant has a large selection of menus to suit every taste.
Maize porridge, Rice, Chops, Boere wors, Steak, Chicken, Veggie –salad of
the day, Crocodile / Kudu/ Ostrich and dessert.
What to wear
Clothing should be warm enough for chilly early mornings, but they should be “ Peelable “, because the sun, excitement and probably the champagne will soon warm you. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
If you are tall wear a hat.
What to bring
Do not forget your camera and data card with plenty of space, as ballooning offers some of the spectacular photo and video opportunities.
We use qualified experienced tour guides.
Our drivers have professional
We first do the Balloon Safari part of the tour if the weather permits.
At Bill Harrop Balloon safari, flights depart at sunrise from traditionally exquisite and beautifully appointed Clubhouse Pavilion and restaurant, in the Magalieberg river valley, in the Cradle of Humankind- world renowned Heritage site bordering Gauteng and North West Provinces.
Have an opportunity to view the beautiful scenery of Magalies's river Valley and Haartebeespoort dam.
Only qualified and experienced Professional Pilots are employed, and over five-thousand very happy passengers a year, are a testimony to Bill Harrop's professional attitude, in entertaining you to one of the most memorably enjoyable experiences of your life.
The tour proceed to Lesedi Cultural village after breakfast.
Lesedi Cultural village is one of the best Cultural villages in South Africa, allowing visitors to really explore, the glorious diversity of this land.
The Multi- Cultural Village is set amongst the pristine bushveld and rocky hills; about an hour's drive North west of Johannesburg on the way to Sun City.
This two and half hour show is available at 11h30.
The people of Lesedi will welcome you with music, song and the warmth of Africa. Visitors are invited to observe African way of life by enjoying a short tour of the five traditional homesteads: Ndebele, Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi and Basotho.
The show begins with a Multi - visual presentation on the History and origins of our people.
The Cultural Village is unique; expect an excellent African experience in the country, one that provides warmth, depth and insight into South Africa’s colourful diversity of cultures.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. Minimum age limit to do balloon Safari is 7 years and maximum age limit is 70 years.
People over 70 years can do the tour if they know they are physically feet.
2. Participants should be nimble, be able to jump unassisted from a height of 60cm, and be able to stand for the duration of the flight.
3. Full pre -payment is required before securing a booking, latest 2 days before the tour.
Last minute bookings will be considered depending availability.
4. Cancellation conditions apply.
5. Balloon Safari entrane fee will be refunded if cancellation is on account of weather.
Bill Harrops Balloon Safari
A Balloon Safari with Bill Harrop's "Original" Balloon Safaris is a memory to be truly cherished! Why "Original"? Because in June 1981 Bill Harrop was the first person in South Africa to conceive and run a legally licensed Balloon Airline. This is South Africa's biggest and most experienced balloon airline.
Bill Harrop balloon safari runs a fleet of 6 large Hot air balloon, which can carry between 2 and 18 passengers each.
So, whether it is a romantic balloon flight for 2 or a party of 18 adventurers, in one of the biggest balloons in the World, or a Corporate Adventure for 120 guests, Bill Harrop balloon Safari, is the preferred choice for Safe, reliable quality ballooning.